The University of La Verne College of Law has a fully developed career assistance program.
Apply for Jobs
Our law school maintains a database of jobs and externship opportunities on the Law Employment Opportunities (LEO) website, which is an online program that streamlines and simplifies the job searching process for La Verne Law students and alumni. With LEO, students can create their own online profile and upload their resume, writing samples, and transcripts for employers to view. Employers have the opportunity to post job opportunities at no cost for our students and alumni to view and apply for.
Accessing Law Employment Opportunities
Accessing LEO is easy! Simply log in to the La Verne Portal, open a new web page and click on the LEO link.
After logging on, search for jobs by clicking on “OCI & Job Listings” on the left side of the webpage. For more information regarding LEO, please contact the Career Development Office.
Personal Marketing Package
Critical to landing any job is a personal marketing package. We can help build your resume, create cover letters, and assist with reviewing other application materials. Simply submit your Personal Marketing Package for review.
You’re Invited to Schedule an Appointment Online – Law Verne Law Students and Alumni can conveniently schedule a one-on-one counseling session by using our online appointment calendar. This eliminates time-consuming back-and-forth appointment scheduling over email! Please note: We still have walk-in office hours from 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, but drop-ins are limited to 10 minute sessions and are subject to the availability of a counselor. If you do not see a convenient time on our online calendar, you are encouraged to email the Career Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Weekend and evening appointments are available.
To book an appointment, log in to LEO and click on “Appointments” on the left side of the page. Remember, you must be logged in to the La Verne Portal in order to log in to LEO.
We can help you with interviewing tips, how to negotiate salary, even conduct a mock interview. To get started, head over to our practice interviewing page for more information and further details.
Counseling for Alumni
The La Verne Law Career Development Office offers a complete array of services tailored to our alumni. These services include extended career counseling hours, access to job listings through Leo, and personalized tools to assist you in your career path. In an effort to better serve you, we have created an alumni page filled with resources for you! This page is password protected. To access your alumni resources, email email@example.com.
Our alumni are important and we have counselors available to assist you. Simply make an appointment to speak with a counselor via Zoom or phone.
Contact the Career Development Office
The Career Development Office has an open door policy. Because our students and alumni have questions outside this time frame, we make ourselves available on evenings and weekends as needed, our posted office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:30am-5:00pm and by appointment.
The University of La Verne College of Law Career Development Office is conveniently located on the first floor of the law school in the Benjamin & Barbara Harris Administrative Suite.
It is the policy of the University of La Verne College of Law to make available selected services of the Career Development Office to students/alumni of other ABA approved law schools on a case-by-case basis within the following guidelines:
- Requests for reciprocity must be made in writing (mail, or email) by a career services professional of the requesting law school. The requesting law school must receive written notification that reciprocity has been granted before the student/alumnus is provided the It is the responsibility of the requesting law school to notify its student/alumnus of the grant or denial of reciprocity.
- Reciprocity visitors must bring a copy of the grant letter with them when they use the office services.
- Reciprocity visitors are permitted to use the office for three months beginning on the day of their first visit to the first visit must take place within three months of the date of the grant letter.
- Reciprocity visitors may have access to job openings listed with the Career Development Office. Visitors do not have access to career counseling, on-campus interviews, programming, or job fairs. Visitors may use the law library for a fee; please check with the law librarians regarding the current fee.
- Reciprocity visitors who respond to job openings listed at the University of La Verne College of Law Career Development Office should mention the source of the job opening in their cover letter to prospective
- Reciprocity privileges are at the discretion of the Director of Career Development & Externships. The Director may limit or revoke privileges.
- Reciprocity visitors should call the Career Development Office before planning to visit to ensure access to the requested services. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
- Submit reciprocity requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.