REFERENCE SERVICE WHILE THE LAW LIBRARY IS CLOSED
Reference service is available virtually to La Verne law students, faculty and staff. View Reference Hours (Subject to Holidays and Availability)
What can a reference librarian do for you?
A reference librarian can:
- assist you in finding your way around the library and provide instructions on how to use the library materials, both print and electronic.
- instruct you on how to use the library online catalog.
- provide guidance on varied sources that will help you with your research.
- assist you with your research using LexisNexis, Westlaw, Internet, and other electronic databases.
- assist you in locating periodical articles and books on specific subjects and in identifying citations and references that are unfamiliar to you.
- assist in locating materials that are not available in the library and refer you to appropriate sources and assistance outside the library.
A reference librarian cannot:
- provide patrons with legal advice or legal interpretation under any circumstances as this would constitute the unauthorized practice of law.
Reference service by phone is available to our patrons at (909) 460-2061.