If your law firm or organization has job openings, register now to meet with La Verne Law students for the Spring 2011 On Campus Interviewing Program. To sign up, please fill out the On Campus Interview Employer Registration Form and return it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (909) 490-2082 no later than Friday, Jan. 7, 2011. Spring OCI interviews will take place from Feb. 7 through April 8. Participation in Spring OCI is free and will be held at the law school campus in Ontario.
La Verne Law continues to grow, and boasts a highly credentialed faculty and an engaged student body of more than 420 students, some of whom are pursuing dual degrees including a Juris Doctor/Master of Business Administration and a Juris Doctor/Master of Public Administration. La Verne Law alumni now number more than 1,300 with more than 35 distinguished jurists currently sitting or having sat on the bench.
Our talented students hail from some of the best undergraduate institutions in the country, including local universities such as UCLA, UC Irvine, and UC Riverside. Here at La Verne Law, the student body is highly competitive, excelling in both oral advocacy skills honed through moot court competitions and writing skills evidenced by publication of their articles in law reviews around the country. The most recently admitted class boasts a median LSAT score of 153 and a GPA of 3.07, making La Verne Law competitive with other ABA law schools.
If you find that your schedule does not permit your office to participate in Spring OCI, please feel free to utilize our resume collect services or our job posting service on the forms provided, both at no charge to your office. In the meantime, if the Career Services and Professional Development Office can provide you with any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at (909) 460-2016 or (909) 460-2019.
La Verne Law provides several opportunities for attorneys and judges to give back to their profession by serving as mentors to law students. A mentor reception will be held on Jan. 27 for anyone interested in learning more about the following programs:
La Verne Law Mentor Program
- Guide La Verne Law students who are interested in your practice area
- Make a difference with a minimal time commitment of 2-4 hours per month from January through April
- Meet with your student in person or by phone
The La Verne Law Mentor Program will kick off with a Mentor Reception at La Verne Law at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 27, in Room 206/217. Attendance at the reception is not required, but it provides an excellent opportunity to both meet your protégé and mingle with other local attorneys.
La Verne Law E-Mentor Program
- Answer quick career-related questions e-mailed to you by our students and alumni
- Your information will be kept in a private database that is accessible only to our current students and alumni
- Allows you the convenience of providing assistance on your own time schedule
La Verne Law Mock Interview Program
- Help students prepare and practice for job interviews
- Volunteer to conduct mock interviews at your convenience
- Sessions usually last 15-20 minutes followed by your feedback